Wednesday, January 03, 2007

001_mirror mirror


I’d lived in Bangkok for longer than 20 years and I thought that our traffic was really bad and no other countries would beat us. (see 001_thick flow at http://urbanomania-th.blogspot.com) But when I first visited Delhi, my worldview changed... Yes, of course, before that I had heard a lot about traffic in India, about the heavy jam and something weird like a herd of cows sharing the same road with you, etc. But do you know that, in India, they can squeeze 6 or even 7 rows of car into a 4-lane street? It’s amazing to see how local people manage their way through the mess without bumping into each other. In such density, it’s safer to drive with side mirrors folded in. Don’t be surprised or trying to be nice adjusting it back for your local driver. The guy won’t be happy, trust me.

No comments: